Monday, May 20, 2013

Sir Alex: Reds will keep winning

"It’s not the end of Manchester United as far as winning titles is concerned. This club will win titles and win trophies."
- Sir Alex Ferguson
Manchester United telahpun dinobatkan sebagai juara Barclay Premier League bagi musim 2012/2013. Kejuaraan kali ke-13 buat pengurusnya Sir Alex Ferguson.  Malam ini merupakan perlawanan terakhirnya membimbing pasukan the Red Devils menentang West Bromwich Albion di gelanggang lawan.  Perlawanan kali ke-1500 membimbing Manchester United merupakan sejarah kerana selepas ini jutaan peminat bola seluruh dunia tidak lagi akan melihat beliau di padang bola. 

Dipetik dari laman web ManUtd

Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced that Manchester United can still continue winning trophies and titles in his absence.
The manager steps down after more than 26 years in charge following Sunday's final Barclays Premier League match of the season at West Brom with David Moyes moving from Everton to take over the reins.
There is every likelihood that many outside of Old Trafford will be hoping the Reds suffer a fall from grace similar to the one that followed Sir Matt Busby's initial retirement in 1969.
However, when asked if cracks will start to appear in the empire, Sir Alex replied: "No. I think if you go back to Busby's day, Sir Matt was probably in the same situation as I find myself today. But he created Manchester United.
"That was the origins of what we are today. He had the vision to take the club into Europe and rebuilt a team in 10 years based mainly around young players to win the European Cup.
"I'm in the same situation as him - the past is the past and will always be there. It’s a good record and the future now lies with a new manager who will get all the support from us and hopefully we’ll continue to be successful. It’s not the end of Manchester United as far as winning titles is concerned. The club will win titles and win trophies."
Sir Alex, of course, is being retained on the board and will also become an ambassador of the club with everybody associated with United hoping he is still a regular visitor to Old Trafford and Carrington.
"The ambassadorial role is 20 days a year so it’s fine," he revealed. "No problem. 
"It will be defined by the club. There are a lot of sponsors and a lot of important people in the club. That will be my role. 
"Whatever they want me to do in those 20 days will be fine.
"I’ll just do what I’m going to do in the next stage of my life. If I’d waited another year, two years or three years, I’ve still got to deal with what I’m going to do – I’ll remain active. I have to do something and I’ll be doing plenty of things."

No comments: